Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dark Chocolate Salted Brownies & NEW BLOG NAME

EVERYBODY! I've been lazy in regards to cooking and stuff so I'm so terriblydeeplysorry. BUT. Change in name to my blog URL--> GLUTENFREEHERBY.blogspot.com :] Soo if you think my blog has been erased nonono it has not! 
I made some brownies this weekend for my mom. Goodness gracious are they rich in chocolate. This was one of my first times actually experimenting with different types of flours for this recipe, and I definitely found my two favorite combinations for some extraordinarily dense chocolate: Sorghum and Coconut flour! These brownies aren't very cakey and fluffy, they are nice and thin and dense- my favorite. It makes me feel like I'm eating more in less amounts :] I honestly thought while consuming these I was drinking a salted caramel mocha from Starbucks! #notreallife. Definitely, if you even have a SWEET or SALTY tooth, these will do the trick. 

Dark Chocolate Salted Brownies
vegan~glutenfree~makes 16- 2" brownies in 8"x8" pan
1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven 350 F and spray 8x8" baking pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, add in your coconut flour, sorghum flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Whisk
3. Add in the brown sugar, your flax eggs, and vanilla extract in the middle of the mixture. Mix it in a blender until relatively smooth 
4. Put mixture into your baking pan and spread out. Sprinkle sea salt on top. 
5. Bake for 30 minutes- it'll be bubbly and will seem like it isn't ready but it is I promise! Cut up and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment