Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tofu Noodle Soup


The roller coster changes in weather has been getting to me lately, giving me terrible congestion. Do you remember my Sinus Clearing Soup way back when? Well this is a little different rendition of it, using the Thai Kitchen brand- but this time I used Green Onion (my new favorite) and BEET GREENS! I fell in love with these when Annna from Dolce Vita introduced me to the fact that you can actually eat them! My roommate had beets, and when I found this out, I instantly attacked on the greens. This recipe is soo simple- it's extraordinarily semi homemade, and you could even make this on a low budget and in a dorm room! With 2 days left until Thanksgiving break, the last thing I wanted to do was buy unnecessary things- so I whipped this up from what I have in my pantry; and it tasted AMAZING :]

Spicy Tofu Noodle Soup
glutenfree~vegan~semihomemade~quick&easy
1 bag of Thai Kitchen Green Onion Instant Rice Noodle Soup
1 cup vegetable broth or water
1/2 block sprouted extra-firm tofu, cubed
1 bunch beet greens (from one bunch of beets)
1/4 jar Miso Horseradish Kimchi (this can be optional- but you can find it at Wegmans in healthy aisle!)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sriracha (you can make less if you don't want it as spicy)

1. First, saute the tofu in the olive oil until there's slight color. Next, add in your Kimchi and beet greens and saute until the beet greens are wilted.
2. Add in your vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil.
3. Add in the Rice noodles, the packets from the rice noodles, and let it cook for ~ 3 minutes!
DONE! :]


this recipe can be found under "soups and sauces"


2 comments:

  1. YUM, this would warm me up now, I am so chilly! Thanks for including a pic of the mix. I appreciate that! :) Can't wait to make this! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Recipe..i love to have tofu noodles & always want to try something new & different your recipe is looking good & simple i'll try this in weekends..thanks for share!

    ReplyDelete