When I first was going to post this, I looked at the picture and thought damn, this looks like a disgusting cupcake. Maybe a little? I think the fake cherry on top (which is actually sriracha) is what makes it. But hey, this recipe is not only amazing comfort food, but it was s0o easy
I don't feel like writing much today- so here is the recipe!
Stuffed Acorn Squash
4 acorn squash, deseeded and tops cut and bottoms cut to stand,
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 1/2 pounds shaved brussel sprouts
2-3 cups spinach leaves (honestly, I just took huge handfuls- I love spinach!)
1-15oz Can Black Beans, drained and cleaned
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons chipotle mayo
salt and pepper, to taste
optional: Daiya shredded pepperjack cheese to top
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place your squash downside up (or upside down ;]) on a baking sheet and let them roast for 45 minutes
2. While this is roasting, begin the stuffing- cook your brown rice (I use the minute rice servings bags- they're so quick and easy!) When rice is done, set it aside
3. In a saute pan, heat up 1/4 cup grapeseed oil on medium-high. add in your brussel sprouts, and saute until they are slightly brown. Next, add in your apple cider vinegar and let it reduce for 5 minutes.
4. Add in your cooked brown rice, spinach leaves and black beans to the same pan, toss with salt and pepper and let it cook until the spinach is wilted.
5. Take your stuffing off the heat and add in your chipotle mayonnaise (i used veganaise for this, but you can totally use my homemade mayo :] .
6. By this time, your acorn squash should be ready to be stuffed! (you'll know if you pierce your fork and it is very tender). Take them out, and spoon in however much stuffing you want into each (you might have some extra leftover- which can be used just as a nice side dish or something else!). Sprinkle on top with cheese, then throw it back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Take them out and serve!