Thursday, February 23, 2012

State Patty's

          Hey y'all! Sorry, me and Bill have been watching a good amount of Paula Deen lately and her accent is catching onto us. But anyways! we started our state patty's day strong- with some green pancakes. YUP. green pancakes. And I sneaked in some cinnamon, nutmeg and flax seeds and they were DELICIOUS. The first batch I made me and Bill had blueberries, but we ate them too fast and I forgot to take a picture. So this batch here is my freezer batch, and lemme tell ya they almost didn't make it to the freezer!
          So for the pancakes- easy peasy lemon squeezy! I used King Arthur's Pancake Mix- I love King Arthur almost as much as I love my boy, Bob's Red Mill *kneeslapp*. The recipe for the pancakes are on the back- but instead of using 6 tablespoons of melted butter I used 4 tablespoons of canola oil and for the 2 eggs I used 1 mashed banana and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. For the 2 cups of milk, I used vanilla Almond breeze and added 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. But of course, regular pancakes aren't gonna cut it, so I added some blueberries (which tasted soo good with the mashed banana) to one batch, some flaxseeds to another and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg to another batch! And if you wanna make them green? Find some organic (and make sure it's gluten free!) food coloring and add like 4 drops of it to get that vibrant green! Now, I'm not a big fan of food coloring, but I did this for good ol' state patty's weekend :] And these are a great recipe for the real St. Patrick's Day morning! 
          Stay tuned- because it's only Thursday, and state patty's day is Saturday (me and bill like to start our festivities a little early ;)). So I'm sure you will be looking at some more delicious, gluten free, irish friendly, hangover foods and galore! yummmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment