oh sweet valentine's day! Personally, I've never really enjoyed valentines day-it's way too cheesy for my taste. But ya knowww, the best part about it is the CHOCOLATEEEEE (Amara would love this since I'm reenacting Spongebob). And of course- I made Bill just a bunch of chocolate recipes! He LOVES truffles so I decided to create 2 types for him and then used the remaining white and dark chocolate for the strawberries :]. FUN FACT! did you know white chocolate isn't really chocolate?! Chocolate is from the cocoa bean and although white chocolate has cocoa butter in it, it doesn't have that brown color from the bean that makes it chocolate! I really don't enjoy white chocolate, but it is Bill's favorite thing in the world so I always conform and make him anything white chocolate.
Anywayssss... for these recipes I'm not gonna go too in depth- it's kind've your favorite Red velvet cake recipe with a cream cheese frosting and then a simple chocolate chip cookie dough recipe (one that you'll want to omit the egg since you're eating it raw!!!)
Red Velvet Truffles
-Chocolate cake mix (I used a GF cake mix!)
- 2-8oz packages of cream cheese (for bill I used philadelphia, but I would use a vegan sub!)
-3 cups powdered sugar
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-1 bag of white chocolate chips
1. Follow the recipe instructions to bake the chocolate cake mix
2. While your cake is baking, beat the cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar in batches. Put in the refrigerator until your cake is cooled
3. Tear your cake apart (I know this was so hard to do!) and mix it in with your cream cheese frosting.
4. Scoop out little balls with an ice cream scooper and put it in the refrigerator.
5. While your truffles are in the refridge, melt your white chocolate- either 30-second intervals in the microwave or the double-boiler*
6. Take out your truffle-cake and dip it into your melted chocolate. Put them back in the refridge for at least an hour!
*If you have extra white chocolate-save it and use it as a drizzle for strawberries :]
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
-Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe of choice (OMIT/SUBSTITUTE EGGS)
-1 bag of white chocolate chips
1. Follow the recipe instructions for your chocolate chip cookie dough (this doesn't have to be baked)
2. Scoop your dough on a baking sheet with wax paper and put them in the refridge for 30 minutes
3. Melt your dark chocolate (make sure to melt it closer to when your dough is almost at the 30 minute mark!)
4. Take out your cookie dough and roll them into perfect little circles
5. dip them into your dark chocolate and put them back in the refridge for at least an hour!
*once again save your dark chocolate to dip into extra strawberries-- too good to pass up!
so simple, right? YUP. Don't go too crazy with your desserts- you want to at least enjoy spending time with your special someone and they better like whatever you make them! :P. I think these little recipes are perfect- they are so simple and you can make them the day before so you have all of valentines day to prep for whatever your plans are! Me and Bill are just staying in- he's going to make dinner....*crickets*. This is gonna be good. <3xoxo