Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rainy Days

The weather has been so beautiful this passed week, it was bound to rain someday to cool things off. Bill and I (and iggy) took advantage of our rainy day and made a comforting dinner! Friends- I give you tofu jambalaya with garlicheesy bread!
Oh, sweet deliciousness. When I was home, we have this gluten free grocery store (it's very tiny, but packed full of goodness!) and they had this spice mix for jambalaya! And, instead of using shrimp and andouille sausage (uhm..yuckk!) I decided to cut tofu up into 1/2" pieces and saute them and rub in my special spice mix- ancho chili powder, coriander, and cayenne powder! Saute them til they are brown, then follow the directions on the box and voila! You have an amazing, comforting dinner in 20 minutes (literally). Even iggy smalls enjoyed
Oh, I just want some more! Now, it serves 8 (me and Bill take big portions, so probably 4 in our terms :P), so you will definitely have leftovers if it is just for 2 people. The best part about jambalaya is you can reinvent your leftovers! Tonight, I plan on putting it in some corn tortillas and created jambalaya tacos! WHATTT! I can't wait!

Oh, and the garlicheesy bread? Simplee. I strongly suggest that instead of going out to the grocery store and getting this just use whatever you have in your fridge! Now, if you are like me, I always have soy cheeze and garlic in my fridge, and some gluten free bread (I used the parbaked ciabbatta bread!). I'm sure you have somee type of cheese and somee type of garlic on hands, so this garlicheesy bread should not be a project- more about using it for an extra UMPH to your meal! 

What to do?
1. PREHEAT oven to 350
2. SPRAY some olive oil on your bread of preference
3. SPREAD on 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic on each of your bread (if you are using one huge bread, eyeball it! If you love garlic, add more, if you don't add less. Simple yup!)
4. SPRINKLE your mozzarella cheese
5. BAKE for 10 minutes, until golden brown
6. EAT :D*

*Don't forget to share with the kitty :]


No comments:

Post a Comment