Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kickin` It

Wooooo weee! Spring is in the air and I hope it never leaves! Not having classes on Thursdays really pays off because I get so many errands in and I can spend time with my boyss <3 

It was such a beautiful day that Bill and I had a "grillout". I live in an apartment, so we had to be creative. Crack open the windows, pump up the fan, heat up the grilling skillet, and we have ourselves vegetable burgers on a ciabatta roll. YUP. And we made a huge feast- our "grillout"- all in my little kitchen!

We made some delicious morning star veggie burgers with vegan mayonaise, arugula, soy cheeze and roasted peppers. Absolutely divine. Even Bill enjoyed- he usually likes to go for the meat option but he loved the veggie burgers!
I decided to whip up some honey roasted carrots because I had an awkward amount of carrots that wasn't enough for a meal, but wasn't enough for a hearty side. It's so simple- preheat your oven to 375, coat your carrots with honey, cook for 12-15 minutes and you've got an excellent side/salad topper/condiment/anything! I topped it on a little salad with balsamic and it was soooo goood- they were probably my favorite!















Dessert..was something that turned out to be an awesome mistake. This morning, Bill and I slept in a little and instead of making a good breakfast before we took Iggy to the vet, and the strawberries and blueberries I had in the fridge that I took out to defrost ended up getting a little soggy :[. So instead of just refreezing them, I knew that I would use them in some way because I wanted to have them in yogurt, so I just threw some yogurt in a jar with the strawberries and blueberries and put them in the freezer. After dinner, I cut up a banana, put some flax cereal on top and voila! I have frozen yogurt for two. How perfect and simple? My tip of the day- never waste- there's always a way to save!
Even Iggy thought it was pretty cool :]<3

No comments:

Post a Comment